Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Eunice Odio


DECLENSIONS OF THE MONOLOGUE
.
I am alone
completely alone
.
between my waist and my dress
alone with my entire voice
.
with a cargo of slight angels
like those caresses which collapse
alone through my fingers.
.
A confused child of sand
seeks a blue canoe
amid my floating hair.
.
He holds his tribes of scent
with a pale thread,
.
thirteen pilgrims rush
to my profile of rose
at the quietest corner of my eyelids.
.
II
.
I arch slightly over
my heart of stone and flower
to see it,
.
to wear my arteries
and my voice
in a given moment
.
when someone arrives
and calls to me . . .
.
but now I don't wish to be called,
I fit in the voice of no one,
do not call,
.
because I'm descending to the depths of my meagerness
to the satisfied roots of my shadow,
.
because now I'm descending to the anguished
touch of a miner, carrying his half-open flower on his shoulder
and a big sign of love on his belt.
.
I descend further
.
into the immediacies of air
.
Hurriedly waiting for the letters of its name
to be born perfect and habitable
.
I descend even further,
.
Who shall find me?
.
I wear my arteries,
(what great haste I have)
.
I wear my arteries and my voice
I wear this heart of stone and flower,
.
so that in a given moment
when someone arrives
.
and calls to me
.
and not finding me
lightly arched over my heart, to see it,
.
I will not have to go and leave my great voice,
.
and my high heart
of stone and flower.
.
Equador

No comments: