Saturday, June 19, 2010

Robert Hunter/ Jerry Garcia



High Time
Lyrics By: Robert Hunter
Music By: Jerry Garcia
.
You told me goodbye
How was I to know
You didn't mean goodbye
You meant please don't let me go
I was having a high time
Living the good life
Well I know


The wheels are muddy
Got a ton of hay
Now listen here baby
'Cause I mean what I say
I'm having a hard time
Living the good life
Well I know


I was losing time, I had nothing to do
No-one to fight, I came to you
Wheels broke down, the leader won't draw
The line is busted, the last one I saw


Tomorrow comes trouble (note 1)
Tomorrow comes pain
Now don't think too hard, baby
'Cause you know what I'm saying
I could show you a high time
Living the good life
Don't be that way


Nothing's for certain
It could always go wrong
Come in when it's raining
Go on out when it's gone
We could have us a high time
Living the good life
Well I know

No comments: