Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Marge Tindal



I Am Cherokee
~Marge Tindal~ ©1999
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The blood that courses through my veins
Runs true to the Cherokee.
I am the blood of my people.
I am Cherokee.

The trail that my forefathers walked,
Saturated in their tears,
The trail has become my trial
I listen with their ears.

I heard the wailing of the Cherokee
Proud of the salty tears,
I cry the tears of the Cherokee
Even after all these years.

I walk the trail that they cried,
I hear their voices frail,
I bear the blood of the Cherokee.
Damn this worthless trail.

'Trail Of Tears' of the Cherokee,
Long remembered in shame.
I cry out for the Cherokee.
I wear the Cherokee name.

Hear me loud and hear me clear,
No head hung in sorrow...
For I am the proud Cherokee
Waiting for tomorrow.

I will regain what my forefathers lost.
I will stand and show my pride.
And all the spirits of the lost Cherokee
Will be standing at my side.

I am the proud Cherokee.
You'd do well to remember my name.
In the name of all Cherokee
My rights I do reclaim.
<~~~~~~~~> I am Cherokee
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> I am Cherokee
<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> I amCherokee

No comments: