Friday, September 30, 2011

Robert Hunter/ Jerry Garcia




Dire Wolf



Lyrics By: Robert Hunter

Music By: Jerry Garcia


In the timbers of Fennario the wolves are running round
The winter was so hard and cold, froze ten feet 'neath the ground


Don't murder me, I beg of you don't murder me
Please don't murder me


I sat down to supper, 'twas a bottle of red whiskey
I said my prayers and went to bed, that's the last they saw of me


When I awoke, the dire wolf, six hundred pounds of sin
Was grinning at my window, all I said was "Come on in"


The wolf came in, I got my cards, we sat down for a game
I cut my deck to the queen of spades but the cards were all the same


In the back-wash of Fennario, the black and bloody mire
The dire wolf collects his due while the boys sing round the fire

No comments: