Saturday, August 15, 2009

Robert Hunter

.HIGH TIME
.
You told me goodbye
How was I to know
You didn't mean goodbye
You meant please don't let me go
I was having a high time
Living the good life
Well I know
.
The wheels are muddy
Got a ton of hay
Now listen here baby'
Cause I mean what I say
I'm having a hard time
Living the good life
Well I know
.
I was losing time, I had nothing to do
No-one to fight, I came to you
Wheels broke down, the leader won't draw
The line is busted, the last one I saw

Tomorrow comes trouble
Tomorrow comes pain
Now don't think too hard, baby'
Cause you know what I'm saying
I could show you a high time
Living the good life
Don't be that way
.
Nothing's for certain
It could always go wrong
Come in when it's raining
Go on out when it's gone
We could have us a high time
Living the good life
Well I know

No comments: